Western Medical Acupuncture differs from the Traditional Chinese Acupuncture in that your practitioner is medically qualified and has studied Acupuncture at a postgraduate level.
Western Medical Acupuncture is based on a “medical model” and involves a thorough medical consultation prior to treatment. A wide variety of diagnosed medical conditions can be treated effectively with Acupuncture, including Osteoarthritis, Frozen Shoulder, Tinnitus, Sinusitis, Sciatica, Asthma, Stress, Depression, Smoking Cessation and Weight Loss.
The list below shows some of the many reasons why Acupuncture is useful as a treatment:
- it reduces pain
- it increases movement
- it improves quality of life
- it induces a better sleeping pattern
- it decreases visits to the GP
- it can reduce the need for medication in some individuals
- it enables people to continue in their employment
- it assists natural healing
- it is a safe treatment provided it is carried out by a suitably qualified professional